Get to the Bottom of Bad Breath
Regular dental care and a commitment to flossing can help deter bad breath, but it’s not always enough to solve a severe problem. If your halitosis isn’t responding to conventional measures, it may be time to examine your habits or even schedule an appointment with your local family dentistry clinic to determine the cause of your bad breath.
Common Causes of Bad Breath
- Dental infections and decaying teeth may produce breath odor. Your dentist in Bradenton can recommend the best treatment to resolve underlying dental problems.
- Dry mouth is a common cause of bad breath. When there isn’t enough saliva to remove food particles and oral bacteria, your mouth is likely to develop a bad odor. Use products intended to treat dry mouth, or consult your doctor or dentist for advice.
- Bad breath is virtually inevitable if you use tobacco in any form including cigarettes, cigars, snuff, and chewing tobacco. When you’re ready to give up tobacco, ask your doctor or dentist for support.
- Foods like cheese, garlic, and onions can cause temporary bad breath. While your body is still processing the foods, there is little you can do to stop the smell. Avoiding smelly foods is the only cure.
- A more serious cause of bad breath is an undiscovered infection or illness somewhere in the body. If your dentist doesn’t detect any oral problems, see your doctor to rule out possible medical reasons for your halitosis.
Why You May Need an Affordable Dentist
Brushing twice a day and flossing daily can resolve many mild cases of halitosis. However, if your bad breath is due to an oral infection or a dental problem, it won’t go away without medical attention. If you’re avoiding your check-up for financial reasons, or you don’t have dental insurance, contact an affordable dentist, and ask about payment options. A dentist can treat tooth problems or prescribe an antimicrobial rinse to end your halitosis and restore your confidence.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Bradenton, call Manatee Dental At College Plaza today at (941) 584-4356 or make an appointment.
Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Manatee Dental At College Plaza, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Manatee Dental At College Plaza.