A Go-To Guide for the Dental Implant Procedure
No need to live with missing teeth when a dental implant can easily restore the look, function, and health of your smile. See if this tooth replacement option can help you regain your smile and confidence.
The Basics on Dental Implants
A dental implant gets surgically embedded in the jawbone, which connects to a dental crown that takes the place of the missing tooth. In a few months, the implant permanently fuses to the jawbone, which holds the tooth restoration secure and ensures its comfort and natural feel. In comparison, other tooth replacement options are either uncomfortable, prone to breaking, or must be regularly replaced. Even though dental crowns attached to dental implants cost more than those other options, their strength, security, and beauty make dental implant costs well worth it.
Steps Involved in Dental Implant Placement
As with every other dental treatment, there are a few steps involved in the complete process. While each patient has different needs, dentists usually follow these five simple steps:
- You will need to visit either a specialist called a prosthodontist or a general dentist who has training in tooth replacement.
- The dentist will perform a dental examination to determine if dental implants are right for you.
- Keep in mind that the time frame for completing the implant and crown procedures is based on many factors, from your dental health to the amount of jawbone you have. If you don’t have enough bone, you will need to have bone grafting to build up the natural bone, which will take additional time and increase the cost of dental implants. If you have a sufficient amount of jawbone, you will have lower dental implant costs and the procedure can start when you’re ready.
- When the traditional method of dental implant placement is used, the complete implant process will usually take a few months.
- If mini implants or another technique called same day dental implants are chosen, you can actually get same day dental implants and see immediate results.
How to Keep Dental Implants in Top Condition
Believe it or not, caring for dental implants is the same as for natural teeth. Just practice good dental habits at home, such as daily brushing and flossing, and get regular check-ups and cleanings from your general dentist to keep your implants
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Bradenton, call Manatee Dental At College Plaza today at (941) 584-4356 or make an appointment.
Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Manatee Dental At College Plaza, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Manatee Dental At College Plaza.