COVID-19 Safety Message: Visit our practice with confidence – your safety is our top concern.
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: December 8, 2015
Don’t Be in the Dark about Avoiding Stained Teeth
Everyone wants whiter and brighter teeth, so don’t sabotage your smile by practicing habits that stain it. Discover how to prevent tooth discoloration and have the whiter, brighter smile you’ve always wished for and wanted.
- Restrict or Refrain from Stain-Causing Foods and Drinks Dark-colored foods and beverages can spoil a white smile. Tea, coffee, red wine, and tomato sauce have stain-causing chromogens that cause major tooth discoloration. Try to reduce your intake of these foods and drinks to prevent stains from developing. If you happen to have these darker items, rinse your mouth afterward to decrease their stain potential.
- Do Your Smile a Favor by Flossing Regular flossing is a friend to a white smile. Flossing every day also gets rid of the plaque that’s built up on your teeth, which can cause severe staining. But by flossing at least once a day, you save yourself from stained teeth.
- Cool Down Your Coffee Surprisingly, drinking coffee hot causes more tooth discoloration than having it lukewarm. Drinking hot coffee can cause small fractures in teeth, which can attract and trap stains.
- Grasp at Straws It’s hard to completely avoid dark-colored beverages, so try to consume them through a straw to avoid discoloration of teeth. By sipping through a straw, the dark drinks don’t have direct contact with teeth, which helps prevent staining.
- Pop a Piece of Sugar-Free Gum Did you know that chewing sugar-free gum after meals can reduce your chance of stained teeth? See, chewing gum increases your saliva, which rinses away excess pieces of food that can stain a white smile.
- Say “No” to Smoking Tobacco can harm your teeth as much as your overall health. Smoking increases your risk of lung cancer, heart disease, and tooth discoloration. See, cigarettes contain nicotine and tar, which cause major discoloration of teeth. Better to quit smoking, than to live and die with a stained smile.
- Make Sure you Seek Professional Dental Cleanings Professional dental cleanings keep your smile healthy and your teeth white. Twice-a-year professional cleanings remove the build-up of plaque that can cause permanent staining. But with regular professional cleanings, your smile can stay healthy and bright.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .