We are open - safety is our top priority!
Solutions to Sensitive Teeth
Tooth pain can take many forms, but among the most common is tooth sensitivity. Tooth sensitivity is that gnawing sensation that radiates through your tooth, to your gums, and seemingly deep into your jawbone and up to your head, leaving you uncomfortable and avoiding certain behaviors. While it might be possible to chew on one side of your mouth for the rest of your life, it is hardly feasible. When tooth pain strikes, visit a dentist in Bradenton. Even if the matter is something as simple as sensitive teeth, your dental care team can offer solutions and help you address the root cause of your discomfort. Sensitive teeth occur when the tooth enamel has been damaged or lost, and the dentin—the protective layer covering of the tooth’s nerves—is exposed. The dentin layer contains tiny tubes that lead to the teeth’s nerves. When exposed, the nerves radiate pain when they come into contact with hot and foods or liquids, sugary or acidic foods, and breathing in air through the mouth. If you have sensitive teeth, see a skilled, affordable dentist in Bradenton for a proper diagnosis. A family dentistry expert can determine the cause of your tooth sensitivity and whether the dentin is exposed. Sensitive teeth can be caused by gum disease or tooth decay, both of which can be treated to ease the pain of sensitive teeth. If the root of the tooth is exposed due to erosion, however, a root canal may be needed. Treatment for Sensitive Teeth
- At-Home Treatments:
- Brush with a soft-bristled toothbrush using a gentle, circular motion
- Use an ADA-approved, non-abrasive toothpaste
- Avoid hard pressure and vigorous motions while brushing
- Use a toothpaste formulated to sooth sensitive teeth if damage already exists
- Ask your dentist in Bradenton about toothpaste options containing a high concentration of fluoride, which will strengthen your teeth
- In-Office Treatments
- Application of a highly concentrated fluoride gel or foam will strengthen the teeth
- Application of a fluoride varnish will strengthen the enamel and dentin
- Use of a bonding agent will seal the dentin and provide a barrier to tooth sensitivity
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .