We are open - safety is our top priority!
Posted on: July 22, 2014
What to Consider When Choosing a New Dentist
When searching for a new dentist, you need to know exactly what you are looking for. Are you seeking a specialty dentist for a particular issue or are you new in town and need an affordable dentist for your family? Finding a local dentist that ideally suits your needs is never as simple as choosing a name from a sheet of paper. You need to know the facts: the dentist’s qualifications, hours of operation, and any specialties. Plus, you want to know that you and your family will feel comfortable, not only with the environment of the office, but with the dental care team, too. Use these tips to find the perfect dentist in your area. 8 Tips for Choosing the Right Dentist Everyone has different reasons for seeking a dentist. Some have overcome dental fears and are ready to get their oral health in order. Others may be suffering from conditions that have deteriorated their oral health and require a specialist. New families may need to find a pediatric dentist or a family-friendly dentist who is experienced with children. Someone in a new city may just need to find a new dentist. Or, you may want a special procedure that calls for cosmetic dentistry experts. Whatever you need, there is the right dentist for you nearby. Do an online search for “Find a dentist near me” or “local dentists.” Read the reviews and collect data on your top choices, then ask trusted friends and neighbors or even your doctor for recommendations. When you find preferred practices, set up an appointment on the phone or in-person and inquire:
- Ask how long the practice has been in operation and/or how long the dentist has been in practice.
- Learn more about the dentist’s education and training. Where did he or she attend school? If a specialist, where did he or she complete residency and additional training for his or her expertise? Does he or she pursue continuing education to stay up to date?
- Ask what procedures the dentist performs. Ask about anesthesia: which form he or she is certified to administer and what procedures it is used for.
- If the dentist meets some of your needs in regards to services, but not all, find out what the referral process is in the event you need more specialized care.
- Ask about the hours of operation of the office. Does the office have emergency dental care hours/appointments?
- Does the dentist treat only adults or families, as well?
- What are the costs? Are there payment plans? Does the dentist accept insurance?
- Do you like the environment? Is the office staff friendly? Is everything neat and organized? Is it clean and sterile? Does the staff use gloves and wash their hands? Is the dentist friendly and caring?
Your dental care is a partnership between you and your dental care team. It is important to find somewhere you are comfortable and where you like the staff and the dentist. Take your time, do your research, ask questions, and don’t be afraid to continue your search until you find the right fit. This is about your health. To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Bradenton, call today at or make an appointment. Manatee Dental offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Bradenton. With 2 affiliated practices in the Bradenton area, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At , we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at .