We are open - safety is our top priority!
Tooth discoloration and staining occur as a result of aging and certain lifestyle factors, such as smoking and drinking coffee, tea, or soda. Thanks to treatments available from a teeth bleaching dentist, you can dramatically whiten your teeth and improve the appearance of your smile.
What Is the Process for Teeth Whitening at Home?
If you’re looking for a more convenient way to achieve professional results from the comfort of your own home, you may be interested in our at-home teeth whitening kits. This process starts with taking a mold of your teeth. From the impressions, a customized whitening tray is made to ensure a secure fit over your teeth. The tray looks very similar to a mouth guard and is made of a clear plastic material. You’ll fill the tray with our special bleaching gel and wear it for about an hour every day. Within two weeks, many patients can whiten their teeth up to six shades. We offer Opalescence Go brand teeth whitening.
What Are the Costs of Teeth Whitening?
For many of our patients, teeth whitening treatments are a cost-effective way to improve the appearance of your smile. In comparison to take-home whitening kits, an in-office treatment is usually more expensive; however, there are other factors that can affect your total teeth whitening costs. These include how many whitening treatments are needed, whether any follow-up visits are necessary, and the level of tooth discoloration.
Unfortunately, professional whitening is considered a cosmetic treatment and is usually not covered by dental insurance. To learn more about the teeth bleaching cost, call our office to make an appointment. During your consultation, your dentist can provide an accurate estimate of your expected costs.
Professional vs. DIY Teeth Whitening
Whitening strips, rinses, and toothpaste are just a few of the over-the-counter teeth whitening products available, but are they just as effective as a professional treatment? Although these products may provide some improvement, they aren’t as effective or as reliable as professional whitening gel. When not used correctly, there’s also a risk of gum irritation or uneven whitening. The main advantage of getting your teeth whitened from a teeth bleaching dentist is that it’s the fastest and most reliable way to achieve a brighter smile. Since the procedure is performed under carefully monitored conditions, professional treatments are also the safest way to whiten your teeth.
What Can I Expect During Teeth Whitening?
The procedure involved in an in-office whitening treatment can be different depending on the teeth whitening system used by your dentist. Most professional whitening treatments can be completed in about an hour. Refer to the steps involved in a typical teeth whitening treatment:
- Before your whitening treatment begins, your teeth are examined by your dentist and cleaned by a dental hygienist.
- Before and after photos of your teeth may be taken to monitor whitening progress and assess your current tooth shade.
- A small device called a cheek retractor is placed in your mouth so that only your teeth are exposed.
- Then, your dentist will place a liquid barrier on your gums. This works as a protective layer from the bleaching gel.
- After preparing your teeth for treatment, the bleaching gel is applied evenly to the surface of your teeth. The bleaching gel is left on your teeth for a certain amount of time and then removed. More than one application may be needed to achieve the level of whitening you want.
- Some whitening agents use a special light in order to enhance the bleaching gel.
- Your dentist will check to see how well your teeth have whitened between applications of the bleaching gel. Depending on whitening progress, more gel may be applied.
- The last round of bleaching gel is applied. After that, the cheek retractor is removed. Your teeth are then rinsed, and the dentist will evaluate the color changes in your teeth. You have the option to do an additional at-home treatment or follow-up visit when needed.
With our teeth whitening in Bradenton treatments, it’s easier than ever to have a healthy, bright smile. Schedule your appointment today to learn more.